If you want to improve the quality of your skin by removing birthmarks, blackheads, scars, or other imperfections, laser skin toning might be the solution for you. Laser skin toning is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses lasers to penetrate the layers of skin and stimulate its natural healing properties to deal with imperfections and make it smooth and tight.
What Exactly Does Laser Skin Toning Do to the Skin?
At the office of Dr. Alicia Abeyta, DDS, FAGD, we utilize the full functionality of our Fotona laser, using both Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers in a synergistic manner to treat various skin problems. For laser skin toning, we use these lasers to:
- Stimulate collagen and elastin fiber production
- Fill in fine lines, folds, and wrinkles through the skin’s inherent regenerative processes
- Stimulate blood vessels to function more efficiently to produce smoother skin
- Stimulate the skin’s natural healing processes
What Are the Advantages of Laser Skin Toning?
- Laser skin toning does not inject any artificial fillers.
- When you undergo laser skin toning, you will feel minimal to no discomfort, especially if your treatment does not require any removal of skin layers.
- There is little to no downtime, allowing you to resume your personal routines within a few hours after the possible swelling and redness have subsided.
- Best of all, the results could last for many years.
What Conditions Does Laser Skin Toning Address?
Laser skin toning addresses various skin issues, including:
- Scars and acne scars
- Sagging skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Whiteheads and blackheads
- Sun damage
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Dark spots and circles
How Is a Laser Skin Toning Procedure Performed?
The preparation is similar to other laser cosmetic procedures. The skin is first prepared and then a topical anesthetic is administered. Next, the properly set laser is passed through the treatment area multiple times as required. In addition to the stimulation of collagen production, it also fragments and ruptures the skin’s melanin granules into the skin’s cytoplasm. There is little to no downtime after the treatment, so you can go back to your routines a few hours after.
To learn more about the med spa services offered by Dr. Alicia Abeyta and Dr. Laura Snyder, call (505)-293-7611 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visitdentist in Albuquerque NM at 4830 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE, Ste. K, Albuquerque, NM, 87111.