4830 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE, Ste. K, Albuquerque, NM 87111
An oral health exam is an examination performed by your dentist that can thoroughly check your oral health. The exact process differs slightly based on the dentist and the patient, but an exam typically includes the following:
- Examination of your teeth, gums, and tongue
- Removal of plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Discussion of your oral health history, including any problems you’ve been having
- Discussion of your lifestyle habits and overall health
- A cleaning of your teeth to remove plaque and tartar buildup as well as polish them
The skills and equipment used by a dentist during an oral health exam can allow them to detect dental problems that may not be visible to the naked eye.