4830 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE, Ste. K, Albuquerque, NM 87111
Before you try sleep apnea treatment, try these low tech solutions. You don’t need a CPAP or a high $$$$ sleep study to try and correct your own sleep disorder with these simple solutions.
• Stay on schedule – Train you body to go to sleep at the same time every night
• Clean your bedroom – A cluttered room is a sign of a cluttered mind, the enemy of sleep
• Get some exercise – An aerobic workout is proven to help you sleep
• Make a list – After you write it down you won’t have to stay awake remembering it.
• Stop worrying about it – Worrying about the sleep your not getting or how you’ll feel in the morning will only keep you awake.
• Get up – After you toss and turn for 20 minutes or so, get up and do a quiet activity, not TV or Internet though. The lights will inhibit melatonin and keep you awake even more.
• Ignore the clock – Checking the clock will make you more anxious about the sleep you’re not getting. The alarm will go off soon enough. Practice mediation or deep breathing instead.