4830 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE, Ste. K, Albuquerque, NM 87111
The best way to brush your teeth is with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Avoid hard bristles because they can irritate your gums, wear down your teeth, and damage the enamel. Make sure the toothbrush is the right size for your mouth. It should be big enough to reach every surface of your teeth, but it shouldn’t be so big that it’s hard to hold.
Brushing technique is just as important as the type of toothbrush you use. Each type of toothbrush has a specific technique that you should follow for best results. Here are some helpful tips.
- Start with your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces of each tooth first, using short strokes.
- Brush the inner and chewing surfaces of each tooth, using short strokes.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.